Saturday, May 26, 2012

REVIEW: Losing Elizabeth

Title: Losing Elixabeth
Author: Tanya J. Peterson
Grade: A+

Summery from Amazon
High school junior Elizabeth Carter is self-confident and outgoing with a bright future. Life is good for Elizabeth, then she meets Brad Evans. To those on the outside, and even to Elizabeth at first, her life gets even better with Brad. Slowly and insidiously, though, Brad takes control of Elizabeth. Is she really as lucky as she thinks she is? What price is she willing to pay to be this popular, charming, attractive senior boy's girlfriend? Is she envied...or pitied? Most importantly, does she have to lose herself in order to be Brad's significant other?


Review
Elizabeth is a high school junior, who is a star tennis player. She admires Brad Evans, the boy she is dying to  date, and is shocked when Brad takes an interest in her. As their relationship starts to unfold, Brad becomes very controlling of Elizabeth, and the worst part is, Elizabeth does not even realize. Elizabeth starts to lose everything is her life for Brad. Her friends try to warn her, but she doesn't listen. Elizabeth needs to get her act together before it is too late.


This book had me from the first page. Once I picked it up, I literally could not put it down. The development of the relationship between Elizabeth and Brad sucks you in. Everyone that has heard of abusive relationships always thinks that if they were in that position they would be able to get out quickly. As I read this book I started to feel for Elizabeth and see how hard it truly is to get out of an abusive relationship. Brad takes over Elizabeth;s entire life and causes Elizabeth to think that she is nothing without Brad and nothing else matters in her life except their relationship. It was easy for me to imagine myself as Elizabeth and how twisted you life becomes when you are in this type of relationship. It was also nice to see how loyal Elizabeth's friends were even when Elizabeth turned her back on them. I hope that my friends would be that loyal to me. 


I suggest this book to everyone and anyone. This book gives you an inside scoop to a controlling and abusive relationship. This is something that so many people is this world can relate to.  You can visit Tanya's website to read more about Losing Elizabeth and her other books.


Happy Reading!
Bookaholic

*I was sent this book for review. All views are my own and are not influenced by others.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before- but it sounds very interesting. I think people think abusive relationships are easier to get out of than they actually are. I really enjoyed this review and have added this book to my list. I look forward to reading it.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete