Friday, February 24, 2012

REVIEW: Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25


Title: Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25
Author: Richard Paul Evans
Source: Library
Grade: A+

Synopsis from Amazon:
My name is Michael Vey, and the story I’m about to tell you is strange. Very strange. It’s my story.

To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is an ordinary fourteen-year-old. In fact, the only thing that seems to set him apart is the fact that he has Tourette’s syndrome. But Michael is anything but ordinary. Michael has special powers. Electric powers.

Michael thinks he's unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor also has special powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up this way, but their investigation brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric children – and through them the world. Michael will have to rely on his wits, powers, and friends if he’s to survive.

Review:

Micheal Vey can shock anything that comes into contact with him, and I mean seriously shock. He thinks he is the only one with this power until he meets Taylor, who is also electric. Michael and Taylor are the last two electric children that have not been taken by Elgin, a group that wants all of the electric children so that they can create a pure race of electric people. When Taylor and Michael's mom are kidnapped, Michael must set off to find Elgin and rescue Taylor an his mom without being kidnapped himself.

I LOVED this book! It was one that once I picked it up, I could not put it down! It kept me up late at night reading! I loved how Evans created Michael and Taylor to be complete opposites who end up linked together. Evans's imagery made it very easy to picture myself locked up at Elgin with Taylor or being shocked by Michael. My least favorite part of the book is that it is the beginning of a series and now I have to wait and find out what happens!! The second book in the series has yet to be released and I am waiting very anxiously for it. This is a definite A+ book for me! Go check it out!


Happy reading!

Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment